Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am using acucobol-GT and acubench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am using acucobol-GT and acubench and I am trying to convert a microfocus cobol program, but I do not think acucorp is a easy software to learn. Any website or suggestions for help.

I just returned from Acucorp's annual developers conference and the workbench was the main focus of the 2 day event. I started working with it a couple of days ago and it isn't what I would call intuitive to use. It does have a feature that will allow you to generate a graphical screen from a character based screen. It works pretty well but, depending on how your code is written, you will probably have to make some changes. I took a one day course on the Acubench while I was in San Diego for the conference. Acucorp provides training on a pretty regular basis. Try their web site at
Ted

After taking acucorp-GT and Acubench training (which was the worst training ever and the trainer was really bad) The trainer wizzed through the training half-a???? and he stated that Acicorp will convet microfocus source code but did not show us and I am trying to find out infor about it. The website does not refer to conversion of Micorfocus source code. Any suggestions???

Sorry, I've used RM-Cobol but not Micro-Focus. There are a number of compatibility option switches in the compiler but I didn't see Micro-focus mentioned specifically. I have converted 2 RM-Cobol systems to Acubobol with very few problems. I'm sure you have already tried this but why not just start compiling the programs and see what kinds of errors come up and then deal with them. If the programs were written in a fairly consistent manner, the changes would probably be mostly the same. I have used Acucobol for a number of years now so I will be happy to help. I'm just now starting to use Acubench though.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back