Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am unable to navigate to a specific path 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thud105g

Technical User
Dec 8, 2003
US
I am running XP Home Addition SP1. I recently got a message from Norton AntiVirus saying I had an "at risk file" and that "deletion failed"; I attempted to navigate to the directory (D:\Documents and Settings\marty\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\89GJ4703\MediaTicketsInstaller[1].cab)to attempt to delete the file manually but could not see any subdirectory below Temporary Internet Files. I have my folder options to show system files and hidden files and could not find a subdirectory using the search function.

this is possible, the path you mentioned is part of the internet temp file, if you did a cookie delte, delte temp files, you already deleted the virus, and already dleted the file path, therefor you will get the error you mentioned, hope that explains it -Joe

You may find that navigating to this path from My Computer or Windows Explorer difficult. Try Clicking on Start then Run. Paste the following and then click on ok.

"D:\Documents and Settings\marty\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\89GJ4703"

This should take you to the folder if it still exists.

Greg Palmer
Free Software for Adminstrators

Did you try in IE, Tools, Internet Options, General Tab, and click to Delete files under Temporary Internet Files?

See also: thread779-925236

There are several freeware utilities linked there to clean the temporary internet folder cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back