Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am trying to upgrade my E2k box t

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKV

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2002
US
I am trying to upgrade my E2k box to 2003. When I try to uninstall Messaging (Which is not used) I get the following error.

"The component 'Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services' cannot be assigned the action 'Remove' because:
- One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. These users must be moved to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail disabled before uninstalling this server."

I am trying this on a test server first with 2 users. I have a server with a little over 100 users that I am planning the upgrade on after the test. Any pointers on dealing with this error message.

When removing Instant messaging you have to selct the action "change" on the Microsoft Exchange component, then you select action remove on the Instant Messaging component.
You do not want to remove Messaging and Colaboration services because that is the Exchange server component itself..

YM

In order to Install Exchange 2003 you have to remove Messanging and collaboration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back