Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am trying to start the Terminal S 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugs82

MIS
Oct 15, 2000
US
I am trying to start the Terminal Services service on my win2k servers (which are members of an NT 4.0 domain). For some reason, it hangs on everyone. Nothing informative shows up in the event viewer. What could possibly be causing the problem.

Do you mean the service hangs as it's attempting to start, or that user sessions hang during login - or during use?

There's three areas of investigation here - we need to be specific!

Thanks CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Sorry for being vague. I have never run the Terminal Services service before on any of my servers. When I enable the service and try to start it, it hangs. I get an event ID 7022: The Terminal Services service hung on starting. That's as far as I can get on three separate 2k servers.

Thanks for your assistance. I appreciate it greatly.

Here's what I did to resolve the problem...uninstalled TS, rebooted, reinstalled TS, and it worked. Don't know what the problem was...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back