Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am trying to populate a text box

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffwest2

MIS
Feb 5, 2009
GB
I am trying to populate a text box with multiple entries from a table that is not linked to my main form.

I have a combo box that is linked to a query that just brings back the grouping of the search field (i.e. I have multiple items that are the same and have the same type Address, Id and Information)

on the update event of the combo box I have the following
Code:
   Me.IDs.ControlSource = DLookup("[ID_Required]", "[Personal_Details]", "[ID_Type] = '" & [Forms]![frmpersonContact]![List] & "'")

What I wanted was this to bring back the twenty or so entries for each ID_Type that match the search criteria, all I am getting is either just the top 1 or #name

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap — if you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow — there's one thing you never — ever, put in a trap. … Me.

Its ok, have dealt with this in a different way and works.

Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap — if you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow — there's one thing you never — ever, put in a trap. … Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back