Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am trying to pass form values fro

Status
Not open for further replies.

donniea21

MIS
Feb 16, 2001
US
I am trying to pass form values from a search page "search.asp" to a results frameset page "reprtDetail.asp". The top frame contains a static htm page with the column headers for the search so that if many results are returned, the user can still see the headers. The bottom frame "results.asp" needs to use request.form to get the seach parameters from "search.asp", query the db and display the results..The problem I am having is the the parameters are not getting to the results.asp frame.

Search.asp: <form method=&quot;POST&quot; action=&quot;reportdetail.asp&quot; target=&quot;results&quot;>

What you'll need to do is get the form data thats been posted to reportdetail.asp and pass it to results.asp.

eg. Imagine you had a form field called searchtext:

Search.asp: <form method=&quot;POST&quot; action=&quot;reportdetail.asp&quot; target=&quot;results&quot;>
<input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;searchtext&quot;>
<input type=&quot;submit&quot; value=&quot;submit&quot;>
</form>

In reportdetail.asp you should somewhere be specifying a frameset containing results.asp as one of the frames like so:

<frame src=&quot;results.asp&quot; name=&quot;resultsframe&quot;>

Now change this to:

<frame src=&quot;results.asp?searchtext=<%=request.form(&quot;searchtext&quot;)%>&quot; name=&quot;resultsframe&quot;>

In results.asp you can refer to this with:

request.querystring(&quot;searchtext&quot;)

Hope this helps,

Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back