Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am trying to create a report in c

Status
Not open for further replies.

KL_Hutchmfg

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2018
US
I am trying to create a report in crystal reports that is a landscape view. I would like my fields set up similar to an excel document format. Is there an easy way to make this work?

If you want help, you need to explain what issues you are running into when you try to set up the report.

Not sure what making the report like an Excel document means to you. Is it that you want a visible grid? Or the ability to resize the width of the column easily? Explain a little more.

-LB

It is still not clear what do you want to do. If you want to export the report to Excel and have the grid lines visible there is an option in Crystal export settings, which will allow you to do this. If you want to export the report to Excel with group structure you will need either to write your own exporting procedure or to use 3rd party software. Apparently you have the data in a grid , why do you want to export it from Crystal reports instead of directly exporting it from the grid ?

Viewer and Scheduler for Crystal reports, SSRS and Dynamic Dashboards.

No, I don't want to export. I want to replicate the view of the document I attached. It is an analysis that was built in Eci M1 and I would like to create it in a report form.

We are not here to do the report for you. Drop the fields into the detail section and then explain why the results are not what you had expected. Then someone can help troubleshoot the issue(s).

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back