Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am trying to connect to the pbx remotely with the uds1100 and i dont know how establish the connec

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngshatter

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2013
JM
I have already configured the ip address information and i can connect to the uds via web or telnet which takes me directly to the setup screen. how do i make connect to the pbx via this device?

youngshatter, do you realize what the device you have actually does? You don't need pty's or LD 137 or any of that. You put the UDS100 on your corporate network with a static IP address and then connect a serial port from the PBX to it.

Hey guys i a coming from a avaya environment, i am new to all this nortel stuff so please see with me. how do i enable the required tty?

Your TTY is already enabled if you are connected to J25

ok KCFLHRC, i have already done that. i am able to ping the uds from the network and the internet. i just dont how to get to the pbx....

I thought that was just a basic transceiver. That's all we use.

No, i have configured the device via serial, telnet and the web

this is the telnet config

basic parameters
Hardware: Ethernet TPI
IP addr xxx.xx.xx.xx, gateway 1xx.xx.xx.x,netmask 255.255.255.0

*** Security
SNMP is enabled
SNMP Community Name: public
Telnet Setup is enabled
TFTP Download is enabled
Port 77FEh is enabled
Web Server is enabled
Web Setup is enabled
ECHO is disabled
Enhanced Password is enabled

*** Channel 1
Baudrate 9600, I/F Mode 4C, Flow 02
Port 10001
Connect Mode : C3
Send '+++' in Modem Mode disabled
Show IP addr after 'RING' enabled
Auto increment source port disabled
Remote IP Adr: --- none ---, Port 00000 Start Char: 0D
Disconn Mode : C0 (Telnet Com Port Cntrl Enabled)
Flush Mode : 33
Terminal name:

*** Expert
TCP Keepalive : 45s
ARP cache timeout: 600s
CPU performance: Regular
Monitor Mode @ bootup : enabled
HTTP Port Number : 80
MTU Size: 1400
Alternate MAC: disabled
Ethernet connection type: auto-negotiate

with the uds connected to j25 i open putty and try to telnet or rlogin to the ip address of the uds and the port number is 10001 or 9999.
10001 take me to a blank screen on the emulator. 9999 takes me to the setup screen. where did i go wrong?

I have no idea where you went wrong. I would read through the document and I'm sure you will find the issue.

http with the correct user name and pw that me to the Lantronix setup

Try changing your interface mode to 78 instead of 4c

I did that then try the telnet again to the ip address of the uds using port 10001 and it didnt work

i just cant understand, serial connection works to j25 and i and connecting to the uds1100 from the lan and the internet. why cant i connect?

Not sure man, they do have tech support if you need it.

Ok Bro thanks alot i am gonna try and null cable and see if that makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back