Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am trying to connect to my company's Nortell VPN through my D-Link w 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADTESTER

Technical User
Nov 26, 2002
US
I am trying to connect to my company's Nortell VPN through my D-Link wireless card in my laptop with no success. I am using a D-link 614 + Wireless router and a D-Link 650 + wireless card. The modem is a D-link DCM-200. I can connect if I merely use my USB connection from my laptop and go straight into the router, taking the wireless setup out of the picture (Obviously having installed my modem drivers on my laptop as well). However, once I attempt to get in using wireless connection, I get a message back stating the remote host is not responding. (I uninstalled my modem drivers since there would be no need to have them on the laptop if I am attempting to connect using a wireless connection) It doesn't make sense to me given the fact that I thought if I have a connection to the internet, the VPN network shouldn't care what vehicle I am using to access the internet. The wireless setup works great, it is just frustrating not being able to hit the VPN. Also, I am using Comcast cable service. If someone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Save you all some time...

DONT BUY DLINK they're junk. Everytime I think I will like something they have it turns out to be a nightmare. I would use a cup and string before a d-link product.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the
"Checking for Banner Text"
box that comes up when you use the Extranet client for a Nortel VPN Switch ? Also, where is the website for getting updates for your Contivity VPN Switch ?

Thanks
Putzaroni1

I hear you guys. I have a DI-624 Rev. (B-1) with the latest firmware revision (1.25) I use the Nortel Contivity client v4.65_18.

I can connect to the VPN with no problem, the only setting that I needed to change from the factory defaults was the allow IPsec passthrough. The problem arises with Outlook 2003. It cannot connect to the exchange server through the VPN. I've tried just about everything to no avail (MTU's, etc.)

When I use our L2TP VPN connection (currently in testing phase), Outlook connects fine!!! I'm about out of ideas with this one.

One other thing, I've seen some posts indicating Netgear routers are similar problems. I have a co-worker who has a netgear router and has the same problem as do I with the Nortel VPN client!!! Maybe a chipset issue???

Any Ideas???

Thanks,

kadhim...dhcp leases out a new IP, you need to stop that by establishing a static address

My d-link allows me to capture the MAC address from a dhcp session and establish a "static dhcp" to that mac address.

Hi guys:

I am using Linksys WRT54G router and have the same problem.

how can I solve this. Any cue ...

I just had the problem today after I reformatted my laptop, COMPAQ EVO N610 with WLAN 200 woreless adadpter.

I noticed a new item in the Wireless network connection properties, in the section "This connection uses the following items:", the item is EACFILT DRIVER??? which was checked. I never had this item before thus I unchecked and tried again the VPN connection using Nortel Contivity client and VOILA!!! DID WORKED!!!

I just recently bought a Linksys WRT54G and am having this VPN connection has been lost problem. Can someone describe how I correct it. I am a newbie when it comes to this network stuff. I am using Contivity VPN Client v04_15.14

Thanks!

Getting same connection problem with the Nortel VPN but there is not router the user is going through. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back