Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am stuck and need some help pleas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esther7101

Programmer
Sep 24, 2003
US
I am stuck and need some help please. I am using Access 97. I have chosen the short date format, but on each export, it exports the date and a time. How do I get rid of the time???? I have tried everything and have reinstalled Access 3 times now.

Check your format and use mm/dd/yyyy in the database table. Also, perhaps a query with the explicit FORMAT(field,"mm/dd/yyyy") may be another solution. htwh,

Steve Medvid
"IT Consultant & Web Master"

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

Using the mm/dd/yyyy format also results in the time appearing in the export. I do not have any data fields relating to time in my data base. Is the input mask an issue?

I tried unsuccessfully to duplicate this problem. I exported to the .rtf and .xls formats. However, I have Access 2002, so that may be a factor.

I agree that one possible solution is to put your data through a function. Format() is a possibility. I might also try String().

Does anyone know if their is a glitch in Access 97 that prevents the sendkey funciton or the short date function form working?

Esther7101

I use Access 97 a lot, and do not have a problem when I define the date format in the table design. I prefer to select the medium date format, but the short format should work fine too. Access picks up the default fromat in the table design when referencing the date field and applies to to the form and report.

Richard

As I understand it Access stores date/time as one 8 byte field. The format you specify for it in Access simply controls how it is displayed there. If you export this field you will need to format its display at destination to exclude time.

HTH

Gunny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back