Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am running NetWorker 7.4.2.Build.431 on Solaris

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantab888

MIS
Nov 26, 2001
US
I am getting these errors when backing up a handful of systems. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

7340:savegrp: aus-bpmrsmce-01:probe unexpectedly exited.
7336:savegrp: Log file /nsr/tmp/sg/NT Default/sso.sms-server3.1ZaO.U is empty.
savegrp:NT Default * sms-server3:All Cannot determine status of probe process. The log file is empty.

If this is a general problem (you mentioned 'a number of systems) then i expect a network related problem. Such errors are most likely due to bad DNS.

After you solved the issue, run manual backups from the client first. before these will not work, a server-initiated backup cannot run successfully.

Do not forget that NetWorker will max the network - if it can do that. There is no way to throttle him.

605 - Thanks for the reply. It actually wasn't a DNS or rDNS, or network issue but simply restarting the NetWorker Remote services on the Windows boxes solved the problem on the 5 servers that were having probe issues. I also back up over 100 Unix boxes and none of them had issues. So, I am not sure of the root cause but will post it if I find it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back