Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am running a xircom credit card m 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jody

Technical User
Sep 26, 2000
CN
I am running a xircom credit card modem, 56T on a Toshiba. I have never been able to get more than 33 out of it. Any suggestions? I am a beginner in computers, I have no manual, and am now in China where I cannot seem to access any contact with Xircom directly. I would appreciate it if someone can answer this question for me.

Thank you.

You can try to enter these two strings into your extra settings in the dialer, add some commas(2) to the end of the telelphone number you are dialing, try lowering your fifo buffers which is in dialer as well, make sure all your network and dialer settings are correct according to your isp. You could also go to and see if there is an updated driver for your modem. If you have any questions just email me at the address below.

thx

Init String #1: ATE0V1&D2%G1
Init String #2: AT&FS30=255S91=11

[sig]<p>Ladin<br><a href=mailto:matchu_14@hotmail.com>matchu_14@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Tech support for 1 1/2 years, build computers, messed with C, HTML, Working on Flash, Role-Playing Game Junkie (Diablo2)[/sig]

I recently purchased a xircom credit card 56kflex/v.90 modem and a 10/100 modem in one.... I have an IBM thinkpad 380ed and it doesn't seem to fit, I tried to jam it in and almost broke it... why is this, I would appreciate any help you can offer... thanx.

I am trying to test a Xircom Credit Card Modem 56T using Windows 95 on a friend's older HP Omnibook5500CT. In Modem Properties, I can run a successful Diagnostics (i.e., Command/Response) is fine and Device Manager shows the modem is working properly. However, when I attempt to dial, I get a sudden disconnect. In the Connection properties/Call preferences, I specify &quot;Wait for dial tone before dialing&quot; and do not cancel the dial if not connected within a certain number of seconds.

I am not certain what the problem might be....

Your help is greatly appreciated.

i have a 56T modem, but the end of the cable which plugs into the modem is broken. does this mean i have to order a new cable, or an entire new modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back