Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am preparing for CCNA 2.0 exam. I 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye71

Technical User
Feb 9, 2001
US
I am preparing for CCNA 2.0 exam. I am using the ICND Book by Cisco press, edited by Steve McQerry. The cover says the book prepares for CCNA #640-507.
It is my understanding that Cisco has a new exam for CCNA, #640-607.
How different is 640-607 from 640-507?
Is the book by Steve McQerry still applicable for 640-607 exam?
All advices/help are welcome. Thanks,
Indiana

The difference between the 507 and 607 is that the new 607 exam has actual router simulation questions, as opposed to just multiple choice questions on router commands. So content wise they are the same, but it means that you will need to have a better working knowledge of how the cisco IOS runs, instead of just memorizing commands.

Burke

Just practice on the router simulations a lot.

I used the 507 book to pass the 607 test.

Hi, im also studying for CCNA 2.0 - 607 using the old 507 book. I'm also using e-trainer as my simulation. I was wondering how are the simulation questions on the exam?? for example, does it give us a scenario and we need to type in the commands to solve or imply it? i hope my question is clear. thanks in advance :)

the ccna 640-607 is based on the same exam topics as that of 640-507 with the addition of router simu.if u prepare very well u will pass easily.

I read the ICND book cover to cover, and went and took the exam (2.5 years ago though), and passed without any problems. That is the book you need to read if you want to pass.

hi all,

this is for maktek.

I took the exam last thursday, got 923, had 2 Sim questions, they give the situation, and we should do as we would have in real situation. one sim was about setting Console, Privilaged secret password and telnet password, i set all the passwords and then copied it to startup config and exitted then logged back in and checked, except for the telnet password.

the second one was about publishing network address of two interfaces of a router.

both were simple one's. you should know what all you have to do, like copying to startup config like that!

good luck to all CCNA aspirants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back