Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am not able to install NT4.0 i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970

I am not able to install NT4.0 in 40 GB HARDDISK
NT does not utilise full 40 gb capacity.
please give solution

hi
first of all :
nt 4.0 supports alot of several 100gb( I think 2terrabyte or so ) . but when you try to install nt 4.0, you have to make sure that your primary partition is not larger than 3,5 gb. you can use a partitionmanager( i.g powerquest´s partition magic ) to reduce your free space on your hard disk.
for example:
2gb free space as primary partition
38 gb extended partition with unformatted or fat32 ( and therefore not reckoned by ntsetup).
after installation delete with partition magic the extende 38 gb partition and resize your primary to what you would like to have to ( my recommodation: 3,5gb for system ( which is alot / 10 gb for data / and the rest for prgrams ).
if something goes wrong during operational work, you still have your data and your installed progs ( of course you hav to reinstall ist ) on 2 seperate extended partitions

good luck.
martin
germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back