Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am in the middle of a r10 upgrade from r8.1(73)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2011
US
The technical sheets say to upload the R10 upgrade license before doing the upgrade. I am using the latest manager software. When I go to add the license file it does not ask me if it is a ADI or PLDS. It stays in ADI mode for the license. It does not let upload my xml file which has the r10 upgrade license. when i have loaded licenses before on systems when you do an add license a pop up comes up and asks if it is ADI or PLDS.

First upgrade to 10 and then add the xml license file and reboot, worked for me every upgrade.

I halted the upgrade last night. I guess I will take Intigrants advise and just do the upgrade and then load licenses

You can also upload the xml (first rename it to PLDSkeys.xml) to the primary folder of the SD Card.
It will be read after it boots on release 10.0

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I can pull the sd card from a runnung system without effecting calls right?

Yes but you need to shut the SD down, file/Advanced/Memory Card Command/Shutdown

The end is near!

It won't effect calls as long as they do not go to voicemail (including auto attendants). Shutting down the SD card stops voicemail. Keep that in mind. If an auto attendant answers calls then yes it will effect calls.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Thanks for the help guys! So I did the upgrade last night and it was a wild one.We did copy the licensed files to the sd card and it worked great When we started the upgrade during the initial check the dasmpv1.bin file failed so we canceled the upgrade. I googled that file name and tech tip 262 came up. It said ds30 was not recognized on 8.1. I Looked in system status and their ds30 was not showing up although it had been working for years. The R10 manager had the dasmpv1.bin file so we though it may be corrupt and replaced it. It still failed the initial check. Not Knowing what to do we decided to upgrade to 8.1(93) and that worked great. Then we upgraded to R10 and it went great. Two problems have started today. Call recording is not working. All the programming is there after the upgrade and it looks ok. MAPI is not working. No emails are going out. Any Ideas????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back