Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am having intermittent issues wit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2001
US
I am having intermittent issues with web access on the office LAN.

When trying to access any website ( via IE latest version I get the page cannot be displayed. When I try to ping the IP (216.239.37.99) but I get no reply.

However, if I got to IE and access Goggle will then display and I can now ping (216.239.37.99) and use address again. It’s the same for any web site that is being accessed.

I can ping any internal IP, the firewall, and the LAN side of the router when the problem exists.

We use external DNS servers provided by the telecom company.

I’m toying with the idea of opening a trouble ticket with the telecom. But I wanted to check with the community for possible LAN side issues that could cause this before hand.

Also I’m not sure if I should tell them to check the DNS servers, our router, or the circuit.

Thanks so much!

---------------------------------------
Tom Berger
Formix Solutions, Corp.
Baltimore, MD

I don't have any of the registry keys it claims to create not are the existing keys modified as described in the virust definition.

The problem is intermittent, though, right now everything is working fine. I'll check again once I loose access. It usually happens after a long period of inactivity (1 few hours or a day).

Thanks for your guidence...it is appreciated.

---------------------------------------
Tom Berger
Formix Solutions, Corp.
Baltimore, MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back