Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am getting Basic Recordings all day on Nice Perform NICE Perform 3.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigSTA

Technical User
Aug 23, 2013
HI Everyone.
I am getting Basic Recordings all day on Nice Perform NICE Perform 3.2. However, in Totality 90% of calls have CTI and just 20% are inserted into DB as Basic Recordings. I would like someone to help me with a process to follow such as what log will show me why this is a basic recording and what common number/device/extension will be the reference that I can follow through the log process so that I can use to resolve this issue.
Thanks to all for this Forum. It looks like a godsend.

hi Craig. Basic recording user occurs when no CTI is received for a particular device. What I would check is the devices you are monitoring. the basic recording can happen

1. if there is static or noise on recorder and it causes a session on voice logger
2. no cti is recieved for particular call and a session exists on recorder. cross ref what is connected to recorder and what is actually been monitoring on connection manager and driver logs.
3. it depends on your config, update cti and mapping after you have made changed. if you have added new devices sometimes stop and start intregration dispatch.

4. pick one extension that is always getting basic recording user and do some after hours tests. stop services out of hours and update CTI after hours as well as mapping as it could cause loss of audio during hours

5. TRS is a service that runs on interaction server and this checks for holes in database and this is where you get basic recording user from

Hi Nice12345

Thanks for the response. I am still a child when it comes to following a call from the Logger recording process to the final plug-in to SQL. In other words, I am not sure which logs get populated and at what stage.

To add to my question, I have noticed that there a "rejected devices" in both my sites which have identical trunks " Rejected ". My second site is more of a load balancing DR site but both feed off the same switch and trunks. I am waiting for feedback from Client concerning what trunks are meant to be rejected and why.

Thanks again for your response.

Hello NICE12345
I have been looking at the guides for a while but cannot find a section that explains the method to troubleshoot "Basic recordings". Any other suggestions or where to look?

Regards
Craig

have a look on nice university on extranice for business partners. some good stuff on there to show you how to troubleshoot

Thank you I shall.
You are a scholar and a gentleman...

Thanks NICE12345.
I am still investigating. It is a bit difficult to track down one device as the basic recording in query does not give me enough info.

The basic recording record should tell you which channel were used for.
in the configuration you can check which phone extension is mapped to that channel.
or in the mascmap.ext file in the logger you can check which IP address it is trying to capture.

=== having a NICE time with NICE ===

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back