Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I’m trying to setup a dial in modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIREDAWG

Technical User
Oct 18, 2002
US
I’m trying to setup a dial in modem to our M1, and not having any luck. I get the modems to answer but don’t get a response from the system.

I’m using a us robotics sportster 28.8 faxmodem connected to a Nortel nt8D93AW cable for the system end.

The tty port works when I connect straight to the computer, but when I connect it to the modem I don’t get a response.

What configuration changes do I have to have both at the system and at the laptop used to dial in?

Sorry the system is an 81C.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

You need to set up the modem using the following:
1. Turn off power to modem and set all dipswitches to the down position.
2. Connect to your laptop via DB/9 - DB/25 cable and power on.
3. Setup a new connection via Hyperterminal and set the baud rate at the speed you want the PBX connection to be.
4. Using either upper or lower case, type ATE1 and press enter.
5. Type AT&FE0Q1&C1&D0&K0&M0&N6TS0=1&W and press enter. -N6 = 9600 baud rate. To change this use N1 for 300, N2 = 1200, N3 = 2400, N4 = 4800, N6 = 9600 and N10 = 19200.
6. Turn modem off and disconnect cables.
7. Set dip switches to 1, 4 and 8 down, all others up.
8. Verify your TTY is set up to match the same baud rate as your modem and you should be good to go.
Good Luck!

Also make sure your not using the NULL MODEM adapter.

I still have the same problem the modems connect, but the tty does not respond.
I have also tried using a nt8D95at cable on the system end.
no modem adapters are being used the cables are being connected directly into the modem.

You may want to check your pinouts. I made my own cable for our 61c using the following:
DB25F - DB9F
2 - 2
3 - 6
4 - 4
5 - 9
6 - 8
7 - 3
8 - 1
20 - 7

I'm sorry I miss read the first couple of post and thought it was an Option 11. What card are you connecting to because you need to set the dip switches on the card for DTE or MODEM type connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back