Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hypertext links wont work in PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabu32

Technical User
Mar 23, 2006
US
Okay here is my problem….My document is comprised of twenty separate *.fm files that I grouped into one book. When I save as a PDF the links get messed up. It is weird because some of the links from a chapter will work and the other half from the same chapter will not work. This is the command I am using " gotopage Chapter 8.fm:6 ". I read some where that you can not use this command but they did not explain what to use instead. I tried with "Create Named Destinations for All Pgfs" turned on and off but I still get the same result. I am so confused about what to do. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

According to Adobe, this command should work in a PDF. If you are jumping within a document, you can leave off the filename, so it would appear goto 6 to jump to page 6. I tend to have a lot better luck putting in Frame's cross references to jump around in books -- they are automatically converted to links in the PDF. You could also put a "named destination" marker on the page you want to jump to, and then use a "jump to named destination" marker to make the jump. You should not have to turn on named destinations when you generate the PDF unless you want to be able to link into the PDF after you've created it.

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back