Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperterminal problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker29

Technical User
Nov 4, 2002
US
Hello everyone,

I am a new member, sorry if this is the wrong forum for my question. I have a panasonic phone system at my office and have been given the duty of adding a voice mail system to it. The phone system is panasonic model KX-TA624, and the voice mail system is panasonic model KX-TVS50. Apparently the first process involves integrating the voice mail system to the phone system thru hyperterminal(serial port). The unit goes thru its initialization fine, but is supposed to let me access a menu for configuration at that point (in hyperterminal). I get a command prompt, but cannot type anything there. Hyperterminal just stays at its prompt no matter what keys I press. Does anyone have any experience with these things, or have any idea what this particular problem may be? TIA

Did you set your baud rate, data bits, stop bits, and flow control correcty? I don't know what they are suppose to be for your phone system, but it would probably tell you in the users manual.

Dankelt, thanks a million! The manual had the settings for everything except flow control. I left it default (hardware) when apparently it needs to be xon/xoff. Problem seems to be corrected now, thanks again you guys are great:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back