Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperterminal and Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjjack

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
GB
I have a nokia 63101, and i have a blue tooth card in my Laptop, i want to dial a tracker that is sat in a comms room while i am out on the road. i can connect with a traditional modem fine.

When i dial using my bluetooth card, it connects to my phone, and then dials the tracker. it conects but i dont get any response form the keystrokes. has anyone set up this kind of session that may help? :|

Try the Bluetooth Dongle available at Ebay

balaok - it seems a shame to spend money on extra kit when mjjack has already got the required equipment (bluetooth card).

I'm guessing there may be a driver issue, or perhaps some software required which is specific to the model of mobile phone.

the bluetooth connection seems to be working (it dials the tracker); what protocol should your tracker be using?

what make/model?

is there any data it should be using to track? (e.g. a GPS system in the laptop).

mjjack - if you post back with some more details, we may have a few more ideas for you...
(and if you've solved the problem, would you mind posting the solution!)

<marc> i wonder what will happen if i press this...[pc][ul][li]please give feedback on what works / what doesn't[/li][li]need some help? how to get a better answer: faq581-3339[/li][/ul]

Hi, no, i have no solution, i am diling into a 2600 tracker, so far i have determined that the one i dial into that works is on a slightly higher software level, but i cant explain why a normal hayes modem works fie, but the nokia modem will not work on the other 4 sites. this is becoming a pain, i set the hyperterminal setting to autodetect, the same as the traditional modem???!!!!:|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back