Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlinks in Visio

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonprof

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
US
Does Visio allow you to link to other documents outside of your Visio drawing (i.e., pdf documents)? And does Visio allow you to hyperlink to another page in the same Visio drawing?

Looking for these answers b/4 I buy the product. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, you select one of your diagram shapes, and Insert|Hyperlinks (or Ctrl+K) you can reference an address (internet or local file) or a sub-address (a named page within your model) - you can add pages by right-clicking on the tab under the chart.
You can also use this hyperlink option to "zoom"

I have used only the sub-address link & it works pretty well. I "drill down" into my flow charts this way.

Meg65

Do you know how I can edit the double-click attribute of an object to open an application? Specifically, I want to be able to double-click the image of a server and have a terminal session open for it. I'd also like to be able to do it web-based. I don't know if those attributes carry over when the diagram is saved as html or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back