Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlinks in PDFs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen123

Technical User
Mar 9, 2001
GB
Hi

Does anyone know of a way to place hyperlinks in reports that would navigate around the report once exported to PDF?
As an example,

Say the first page contains a list of colours (report header), then the following pages were grouped by the colours (Group 1 and detail), so I'd want a link between the colour blue in the report header to the group blue in the group/detail. I would then need links from these pages back to the page header.

Any ideas?

AFAIK, this is not possible with just Crystal but I've implemented similar things by processing the PDF after the export, based on embedded formulas in the report.

In other words, you have to use an application that does a post-export processing of the pdf file.

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

I had a feeling this might be the case! Thanks for responding! Do know what sort of applications would process the PDF and how how complex are they to use?

Thanks

I'm not aware of a tool that does what you are asking for.
However, you can see a list of 3rd-party tools at: You can contact the developers of these tools and see if they can add the desired functionality for you.

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back