Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlinks in Office Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadak1

Programmer
Mar 9, 2001
GB
I'm trying to use active directory to stop users creating hyperlinks in office applications, i've disabled the buttons and menu options, but the auto correct feature creates it automatically. There appears to be no way to stop this. Does anyone know the registry setting that enables autocorrect to create hyperlinks, at least then i can stop it happening??

Kind Regards

Scott

Don't know about AD but you can turn it off on the client

Tools->Autocorrect Options->AutoFormat as you type->Untick Internet and network paths with hyperlinks.

Master of Disaster.....Recovery

you have to do that for each user on the workstation, so in our school upto 2000 pupils may logon to that workstation. I presume there is a registry edit to stop the hyperlinks working, but i cannnot find it. i've managed to use Active directory to esnure they need to press ctrl and click to open the hyperlink, but i also cannot enfore that the ctrl and click options are not available. cheers anyway mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back