Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlinks in Ms Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud888

MIS
Nov 26, 2003
GB
I'm trying to insert a hyperlink into Microsoft word 97, but for some reason it will not create the links.

When typing this example from Fields Ref in Word HelpFile into Word:

"The project's budget is final. Click {HYPERLINK "C:\\My Documents\\budget.xls"} for more information. "

My text in Word stays the same as above, with no hyperlink created. Any idea why?

I have tried uninstall and re-installing office, applied the office patch and tried changing different options but nothing works. Any ideas?

Dear Bud,

if you just type it, it wont work. Try using menu/insert/hyperlink.

If you still see the formula. change the setting "field formula" in tools/options/(view).

I am not really sure about the names of the menus as I have a German version.

regards
Astrid

i've tried using the insert function on the toolbar as well and i still doesn't work

when i went to the tools\options\view menu i couldn't see that option that u mentioned before, it wasn't there

It is called field codes in english and must be deactivated.

regards
Astrid

Yes that worked!

Go to tools \ options \ view

deslect field codes (which is situated on the right hand side)

Thanks very much for your help! Its very much appreciated!

Bud

Hey guys.

Alt+F9 toggles that setting on and off.
If you ever need to do a find/replace in your hyperlinks, you'll need to turn them back on first.

:)

Anne Troy
Supercharge your Office Applications:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back