Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlinks ignored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naith

Programmer
May 14, 2002
GB
Have any of you experienced a hyperlink that you click on be completely ignored? I have a report driven by parameters, and a hyperlink on that report which just points at the same report, but passes different parameter values.

Clicking on the hyperlink produces the same report - which is correct - but with the original parameter values - which is decidedly incorrect. The hyperlink is to all intents and purposes being ignored.

For testing, if I comment out all of the hyperlink promptex values, re-publish the report, and initiate the hyperlink again, instead of falling over, or prompting for new values, as it should, the hyperlink instead generates a perfect example of the original report.

If you have an experience of this happening, and know of the cause, I'd really appreciate your post.

Thanks,

Naith

It sounds like one of two things to me.
Either your browser is caching the report or the CR backend is deeming the hyperlink's request to not need a new hit on the database and is pulling the previous page from the cache server.

There's tons of places and reasons that a report can become cached from what I've learned in my limited use of CR. In some circumstances a random number is appended to the query string to force the page server to realise it's a new request, but this doesn't sound like this kind of problem.

Hope this helps.

The browser was screwy, saying it wasn't caching when it was. I had to reinstall it.

Thanks for your input, Neil.

Naith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back