Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink to file within Crystal Report in ASP.NET 1.1 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaAddictedGeek

Programmer
Apr 23, 1999
US
I am desperately trying to create reports that have links in them. Right now the link target is being stored in a table field that's being read by the Crystal Report, and the field is being formatted a hyperlink.

However, I'm finding that if I copy the link target and stick it within my browser, it works fine--but within the report, it doesn't.

Has anyone worked with Crystal Reports in Visual Studio who can help me out?

Thanks in advance!

[morning]

"The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone is responsible. Universes of virtually unlimited complexity can be created in the form of computer programs."
-Joseph Weizenbaum

I'm finding that if I copy the link target and stick it within my browser, it works fine--but within the report, it doesn't.
how? without details we cannot help.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

How what? I'm not even sure what you are asking.

Like I said, there's a link in my report view. If I right click and go to copy link target and stick that in my web browser, it works. If I try to click on it or go to open window to even view it, it doesn't work.

I'm working with a .rpt file and the field is set to hyperlink in the format options.

[morning]

"The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone is responsible. Universes of virtually unlimited complexity can be created in the form of computer programs."
-Joseph Weizenbaum

I click on the link and nothing happens. I've tried opening it up in a new window, and still nothing happens.

How to further describe "nothing happens when I click on a link" is beyond me, though. ;)

[morning]

-Joseph Weizenbaum

how exactly does nothing happen?
do you get an IIS error, blank page, flicker (postback) on the screen, the link just does not redirect?

if you can see the report and the links move your mouse over the link and check the url in the status bar, crude but works.
also view the source (assuming html report) and verify the link is correct.

if the report is not html then you should check out the Crystal forums for more info.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Yes, as I stated before, copying the link as it appears into the browser works.

When I say "it does nothing" I mean literally that--it does nothing. There is no IIS blank page or I would've stated that I got at least that. There is no indication of a postback either but if it's flickering it's so subtle that I can't see it.

The problem is that this is a .NET interface or I'd be in the Crystal Reports forums directly versus asking here.

[morning]

-Joseph Weizenbaum

The problem could be anything such as a browser issue, a pop up blocker, an installed plug-in, an operating system issue or even a permissions issue. That's probably the best guess anyone could make unless you can provide a means by which we can replicate the problem.

-------------------------------------------------------

Mark,
[URL unfurl="true"]http://aspnetlibrary.com[/url]
[URL unfurl="true"]http://mdssolutions.co.uk[/url] - Delivering professional ASP.NET solutions
[URL unfurl="true"]http://weblogs.asp.net/marksmith[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back