Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hyperlink Target _search

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaweedOPM

Technical User
Nov 19, 2004
US
I'm using Visual Studio 2k5 and fooling around with my sql server. Anyways I have a main page that you can select a record and after selecting it loads about 5 related tables for editing.
What my question is that I was messing around with a neat way to creat a base record if it wasn't listed in the database already.
My curiosity led to the hyperlinks target _search which is really great and fits perfect for what i need. I created a nice little page and all the components work for it. How do I get it to close once a record is made (button pressed) like what is the code? Also once it closes I'd like it to send a command to the main page to rebind the data to the list box so that the new record shows up. Thanks!

I'm having trouble puzzling out what you're asking.

Is this in ASP.NET, or VB.NET? I assume ASP.NET, because you're using target="_search" (which I wouldn't recommend, it leaves everyone but IE6 users in the cold!).

Head over to the ASP.NET forum: forum855.

well i'm using the web developer in visual studio 2005. And as far as everyone else i'm not to worried about them. It is just for an internal application.

I can't find any references on the target="_search" other than it opens in the search bar. not how to close it, or how to have it refresh the main page.

I need code to:
(This can be vb.net or asp.net code either or)
1. On a button press to close the search bar
2. Refresh the main page (datasource or the page entirly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back