Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink problems when converting large excel workbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

taupirho

Programmer
Jun 25, 2002
GB
Hi, I'm using Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard to convert a large excel workbook (approx 70 individual sheets) to PDF. The workbook has a front sheet with a series of hyperlinks that take the user to one of the individual data sheets. Each individual data sheet also has one hyperlink back to the front sheet. This all works fine in Excel. We get a problem when converting to PDF though. The hyperlinks on the PDF don't work at all and strange codes are displayed over the hyperlinks. Each hyperlink has a different code transposed on top of it such as 1A1H, 57AOH etc ...

Anyone seen this before? If so how can I fix it. Suspect its a memory problem since a similar workbook with less sheets converted OK.

In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.

I suspect that you are correct in the memory issue.

Try a few things to test that:
Power off the computer (not restart). Then start the computer again.
Open no applications other than excel and acrobat.
Open the excel file and do a save as.
give it a new name an try converting the new file.

If the above has no improved results:
Try removing half of the worksheets from the excel file, again save as a new document, then convert. Continue to experiment with less sheets until it works.

You may want to simply convert the two half files (make sure both retain the coversheet) then recombine them in Acrobat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back