Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink from FC report to ASP page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlutzker

Programmer
Mar 20, 2003
US
I have read all the FAQ's and threads on hyperlinks. I can't find the syntax to use for linking from a Full-Client report (published and viewed in InfoView) that links to an ASP page on the web server. We have WebI reports that can do that (using universe object for the hyperlink) and FC reports that link to other FC reports (all viewed in InfoView) including the passing of parameters from prompts, done both with universe objects and report variables.
Can anyone help with what I need to do?

I have tried in a universe object:
'<a href = DatabaseValue +'&Param2=1>'+DAtabaseValue+'</ a>'

I have tried in a report variable:
=&quot;<a href =
I am getting the link to work in some cases, but it is displaying the whole mess instead of the DatabaseValue. It is not seeing the anchor tag/close anchor tag, and is generating another by itself.
Has anyone done this?
Thanks.
Dave Lutzker

Have you defined that object at the Universe Level??? Which DB are you on??? The Concatenation symbol varies between DB's. Better check that out.

Sri

I am working on SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000. BO Reporter 5.1.6 and WebI 2.7
I have tried by defining the hyperlink in the universe as a measure, and as a dimension. I have also defined it in the report in a variable. We have done this successfully in both ways with hyperlinks going from FC reports to other FC reports, and we have done it successfully from a WebI report to a web page (ASP).
The concatenation symbol is working, and I can actually get the link to work, but what is showing up on the source report is the whole URL string and anchor tags. It is not recognizing the tag, but seems to pick up on the &quot; making it a link.
Any help you can be will be appreciated.
Dave

Thank you so much Sri!
Important to note that the differences seem to be in blank spaces and upper case characters! The important thing is that it worked perfectly! Thanks again!
Dave Lutzker

no the differences are more to do with the extra apostrophes that are being used. You have to make sure that your concatination is correct and that the object is defined as 'read as html' as well either in the universe or in the report (if FC report).
You can put any html into an object or as i've started doing getting some hyperlinks being built into views on the database, or even into the data itself, it all depends how much control you have over the database.
I've put javascript into the objects as well. Anything that is client side based can be put in to a document, not anything server based though such as VBScript for ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back