Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink field does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

hefly

Technical User
Feb 6, 2008
US
I have created a hyperlink field in my table (tbl_ChkRequests) using hyperlink datatype. The field shows the blue hyperlink but clicking on that field does nothing.

I manually added # sign both before and after the sting which allows the hyperlink to function. Hovering over the field with screen tips does not reveal the # signs I placed before and after the path.

I then created an update query to place the # signs before and after the path string. I ran the query but the resulting link does not work.
My table has too many records to manually manipulate the path field.

This is the update to criteria I used in my Update Query: UPDATE tbl_ChkRequests SET tbl_ChkRequests.Path = "#" & [Path2] & "#";

Can someone please advise how to create a functioning hyperlink field?

Thank you very much.

Hefly

I am able to open the root folder using the hyperlink, but cannot open the subfolders.

For example, in the immediate window,the following folder will not open (10033.73 is a folder name):

Code:
Application.FollowHyperlink "\\MyComputer\Project\_00000\_Check Requests\10033.73\"

However, the root folder will open with this command:

Code:
Application.FollowHyperlink "\\MyComputer\Project\_00000\_Check Requests"

Please advise...

Thank you.

Hefly

I think I have solved my own problem... The subfolder names in my table were abbreviated. My hyperlinks are working properly.

Hefly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back