Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcolaSteve

Programmer
Jul 1, 2011
US
I am working on a site and all is going well with one exception. I have some active hyperlinks that are not working. They worked during testing but after launching the site they only seem to work in IE9. They don't function in Opera, Safari, Chrome or Firefox.

I have been pulling my hair out for 3 hours trying to figure out why they won't work but in only one browser, so now I want someone else to eye the code and see what I missed.

I ran the site through the W3C Markup Validation site and found a couple of issue but nothing that seems to be causing this bizarre behavior.

Here is the URL. The hyperlinks I am referring to are on the top of the page under the "Technical Tips & Tricks" sub title.

I have NEVER run into something like this before and hope someone can shed some light on the issue.

The shortest distance between two points is NOT a straight line; it's through a worm hole!

The Problem is your footer div is actually covering up the links there, so they can't be clicked.

Add a clear:both to the footer div's style, and the problem should be resolved.

The Reason for this, is that your other divs are floated and relatively positioned which causes issues.

I suggest you don't position every single thing relatively, and also cleat floats, there should be no need for this, and it can cause issues like this.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

Thanks, that did it. I figured it had to do with a float issue but was too brain dead to see it. Thanks for the extra set of eyes.

I'll remember the relatively issue and put it into practice.

Steve

The shortest distance between two points is NOT a straight line; it's through a worm hole!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back