Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink closes my Workbook in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pcfred

Technical User
Jan 15, 2002
US
I have an Excel 97 workbook with hyperlinks in it. When I click on one of the hyperlinks my workbook becomes hidden within that instance of excel. Anyone know why?

Hi PCFred,
I have a spreadsheet with over 300 hyperlinks, and have never come across anything like this. Do you have any more info that may shed a bit more light on this..ie is there any other code running in this/these workbooks (are you hyperlinking to other workbooks?) and are you using hyperlinks via VB or straight from Excel?

Adrian

Just normal hyperlinks. Say I put a hyperlink in a cell....then click on the hyperlink....it closes the workbook(unless something was updated that hasn't been saved yet then it just hides the workbook. Doesn't seem to matter if the hyperlink is another workbook or a web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back