Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink based on row data

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkillilea

MIS
Dec 7, 2004
US
Does anyone know how to display a hyperlink with an expression. I am trying to display a hyperlink in the detail section of a report. Each line of my report is different so I need a different hyperlink for each row of data.

I've been trying to do something like this in the expression builder on "Jump to Report":

=IIF(Fields!CAT_DESC.Value = "std", "Tags - Std")

Tags - Std is the hyperlinked report I want to open if the deatil section of this report CAT_DESC) = std.

It appears as though you are using an Access database. This forum is for SQL Server. I recommend you re-post this question in one of the Access forums.

-George

"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Actually, I am using Sql Server Reporting Services, a major part of Sql Server 2005. You're probably thinking that because of the ". In the expression builders for Reporting Services you can use iif, ", etc.

True. I haven't used SSRS. There is, however, a forum devoted to it.

forum1462

-George

"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back