Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyperlink as a field ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylormade

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2003
GB
Can a hyperlink "c:\doc\index.htm" be a clickable link if I make a table of hyper links. And how can they be acivated if I place a simple table frame on a form? What version of paradox is req? (I have 9)

Taylormade,

It's easy to do, just ad this code to the mouse doubleClick method of the link field, doesn't have to be the doubleClick method it can be any appropirate method or button.

method mouseDouble(var eventInfo MouseEvent)
var
s string
endvar
disableDefault
if self.value <> "" then
s = self.value
startWebBrowser(s)
endif
endMethod

Hope this helps.
Perrin

thanks that code looks good to me, my test machine is Paradox V8 and:-
startWebBrowser(s)
is not recognised. My prog is in V9 so I'll test that and report.

If your version of Paradox does not support startWebBrowser() you could always use execute(), startWebBrowser() is nice because you don't have to worry about the path or what version of web browser is installed.

execute("c:\\program files\\internet explorer\\iexplore.exe "+s)

TaylorMade,

StartWebBrowser was added in Paradox v9.

You may be interested in which pretty much covers the range of available alternatives.

BTW, Paradox does provide support for hyperlink fields, but you need to enable the system level property that controls this. To set this:

1. From tha main Paradox menu, choose Tools | Settings | Preferences.

2. Make sure the General tab is selected.

3. Locate the Disable hyperlinks setting near the lower, left corner of the dialog. Uncheck this setting to enable hyperlinks.

Be aware, however, that Paradox's built-in handling of hyperlinks may seem a bit strange. Paradox only launches hyperlinks when you're *not* in Edit mode. This has been a source of confusion for many people.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back