Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyper-V

Status
Not open for further replies.

navigatorsaregay

Technical User
Oct 17, 2007
GB
Has anyone experienced any issues installing virtual mitel apps on hyper -v?

I have only ever tried vmware.

Are all apps i.e mcd plus applications supported and also vUCC?

Thanks in advance

Ricky

The official word from Mitel is: "there's no technical reason it wouldn't work, but it's never been tested, therefore we won't support it". I've heard rumors that the next release, which comes out next month, may support Hyper-V, but that's just rumors at this point.

Not rumours , its a fact ... on next versions to be released , hyper v is supported .

System has to loaded manually though ( similar to loading Physical mas , MSL first then apps)

Version 7 MCD is coming soon

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

MiVoice Business on Microsoft Hyper-V

MiVoice Business has been available as a virtual appliance on VMware since early 2010 with thousands of successfully deployed systems in the field.

With the technology improvements in recent Microsoft Hyper-V software releases, Mitel is pleased to introduce support for MiVoice Business on this virtualization platform in 2014. Support for Microsoft Hyper-V will provide an additional deployment option for customers that have standardized on Hyper-V virtualization for their business applications.

If deploying on Microsoft Hyper-V, one must purchase the MiVoice Business Virtual product base package. Installation requires manual creation of the Virtual Machine
using documented recommended resource reservations, installation of Mitel Standard Linux OS, and the MiVoice Business application . Operational deployment simplification using virtual appliance form factor is not currently available. With MiVoice Business 7, basic Hyper-V management functions are fully tested and supported. As with all VMware based virtual appliances, online connectivity to Mitel's license server is required. Consult the MiVoice Business Virtual Engineering Guidelines for more details on the resource requirements and capacity limits for Hyper-V deployment.

MiVoice Business 7 support for Microsoft Hyper-V is expected to be available as part of MiVoice Business 7 Service Pack 1

I can confirm that there is no support for Hyper-V in MiVoice Business (MCD) 7. It may be in a future SP, but it is not in this upcoming release due out at the end of May.

Seen a number of things regarding support in Hyper V coming. Can't remember what I was reading.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

MCD 7.0SP1 is the release that will support Hyper-V, latest estimated release for that is late July, so it might actually be out by September and stable/patched enough for production by the end of the year, give past history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back