Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hyper-V and App Server R11.0 and R11.1 Set Up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

budbyrd

Vendor
Jul 28, 2011
US
If you have ever tried to use the 'Official' Avaya documentation to set up an App Server in Hyper-V it can be a challenge and is often wrong or misleading at best.

I had some down time and wrote up a few FAQs for installing App Server on Hyper-V. Best of all I found a working migration path from Windows VM Pro R11.0 to R11.1 App Server. This method will transfer all of the information intact. My first few migrations weren't what I would call a success and they were for customers.

If anyone has some time and can check my work I would appreciate the feed back.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Post the FAQ id!

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Budbyrd - have you experienced any issues booting from the 11.1 VHDX file? I have downloaded it multiple times but get errors (or system hangs) upon booting. I have tested this on a 2012 Hyper-V server as well as 2016 Hyper-V server and both experience the same issues. The only way I have found to get something installed is to use the ISO

I didn't have any problems, but I was doing it on a Windows 10 machine. I wouldn't think there would be a difference... But it is Microsoft.[thumbsup2]

Yeah I think that would be the only difference here. I may try Windows 10 to give it a shot

Thank you. I figured I would post it there for the next time I needed it, since app server is the new future. I was amazed at how easy the vhdx file was verses the iso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back