Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hylafax and Nortel

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWNphoneguy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2002
US
Hi All.

Does anyone have any experience running Hylafax using analog lines on a Nortel PBX? We have a project going to test this setup and have successfully received faxes and then emailed them to a specific user based on the number dialed. My question specifically for anyone out there who has any experience with this setup or the configuration of 500 sets on a Nortel PBX is this; How can I get the "called number" to my modems so that I can distribute my emails based on the number that was dialed? I've tried creating a dummy ACD Q and pointing it to a modem hunt group ext but the modem still gets its number as the number that was dialed as opposed to the number assigned to the dummy ACD Q.

Ultimately what we are trying to do is setup a huntgroup with 2 or 3 modems that are waiting for inbound faxes. Then when a call comes in on any of the assigned fax DID's it would be sent to the huntgroup for an available modem. A modem would then capture the original "called number" for Hylafax to use in determining who to send the converted "fax to email" to.

As it stands now I would have to assign individual modems (and associated DID's) to each user in order for Hylafax to know who should get a specific fax. While it works this way the hunt group would make more sense resouce wise, if it is infact do-able.

I'm hoping its a simple CLS I need to add/change on the 500 set.

System: Nortel Option 61C
I can post a PRT of my analog sets if needed, but thought I would wait to see if there was any feedback on the general question first.

Also on a side note, this Forum and its users/contributors have been a great resource. My Thanks to All.

if you terminate on dcfw Phantoms instead of ACDN, I believe the Phantom DN will be the terminating number that is sent on the dcfw.

Mato' Was'aka

you usually need to have class modem cards with the halafax, to capture the clid from the analog port

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks all for the feedback. bigindian65, I tried your suggestion first and it didnt work either. Going to try GHTROUT's plan next, before throwing the flag in. If it doesnt work we'll have to go with the 1 to 1, Fax DID to Modem scenario since purchasing class modem cards isnt an option. Its not the best use of resources physically but monetarily it hits the sweet spot. We have more than a few empty analog ports available and basic fax modems are pretty cheap. Anyway, thanks again and I'll post the final outcome later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back