Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hybrid mode ag-go

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeronet

Vendor
Jul 23, 2006
US
is there a reason why when in Hybrid mode Partner selects different c/o line each time a station users presses 9. I usually like to program lines to start dialing out on the last line in a hunt group so as to keep incoming and outgoing calls from crashing into each other.

Can I do this in Hybrid mode use ALS for the last C/O line first regardless of what set is dialing out?

Nope, that's the way it is designed. The lines within the pool will be used in a circular fashon. For Single-Line sets, keep them in Key mode, assign the lines, and set ALS to Intercom, then the lines in the order you want them accessed. For System phones, the pool will determine the ALS.

I have a Dr's office with 5 stations in the fron tdesk who need to access all 8 lines in hunt. the rest of this large office about 20 6d's need to be in hybrid. They did not want 18d's all over the place because they are afraid that they will knock callers off hold and not know which line is which.

I have station 10 showing all c/o lines and am going to upgrade that set to a 34d to show all sets and perhaps add a DSS unit. However can I program the other 4 sets at the front desk to show all 8 c/o lines.

The reason is that the staff needs to easily say "pick up line X" instead of transferring it from set to set in the same small space ( the fron tdesk ). They don;t mind transferring to the back office staff but up front is an issue. It is a very busy office front desk.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like the front office staff needs 18-D's. Other than X-10, how's anyone going to know what line they're using? They'd have to use park and pickup if they don't want to transfer.

i am using 18d' in the front office however other than 10 who can see all lines in service the other 18ds can only see the pool lines 1 and 2. i wanted to allow these other 4 18ds to see and have access to all 8 c/o lines like 10 does.

can this be done?

Yes it is possible , The easiest way to do this is copy programming from ext 10 to the other extensions (#399) then go into centralized programming and make changes to line ringing.Or #313 will change an extension from Pool to key mode or vise versa.

Oh yes, thatn you I don;t use Hybrid that often and now I do remember like you said that I can change certain sets back into key mode.

I thoght that once switched to Hybid ALL stations except 10 must be used as Hybrid stations.

Thanks I was real worried that this was going to cause a BIG problem with this customer.

I will change the sets tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back