Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlevine

MIS
Jul 21, 2002
US
Howdy all,

Have a 2616 on a option 81C that has 2 diff DNs. I would like to have it if one person calls one particular # of those DNs it will ring.. then if no one answers.. Call forward it self to another number.

Not sure if this is possible, and the CFW key can not be used due to the nature of my problem.

Thanks

I hope I understand you correctly. But couldn’t you just set the FDN and EFD to the extension you want it to forward to if no one answers the first line?

what is the second DN supposed to do on a no answer?

Jsak.. I could/will give this a shot.. somewhat a newb with this System.. (thrown into really), I am familar wit FDN, EFD I am not sure what that does.

Tcom, On no answer, I would like it to go to its voicemail

As far as I know you can not have different actions for differnt DNs on the same phone. The call forwading is associated with the TN and not the DN. This is a mistake I fell into when starting with the M1.

PDS

On the first phone, set the FDN to the extention of the second phone. On the second phone, under CLS put in SFA, this will direct the call back to VM of the first DN if the
second ext. is not answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back