Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hunting to incorrect DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2k1981

Programmer
Aug 2, 2002
IE
We've got a meridian opt61 which I know very little about (joined the company 6 months ago and basically "inherited" it).

I have a user at DN 1111. Up until recently, their calls were set to HUNT and FDN to DN 3333. However, now the setup is changed. They need to HUNT and FDN to 2222. And DN 2222's calls need to HUNT and FDN to 3333. The FDN is working fine, 1111's calls forward to 2222. But the HUNT is not, they keep going to 3333 instead. Despite the fact that I've changed and transmitted this numerous times. And if I do file > print > (any of the 3 options) it only ever mentions DN 2222, never 3333.

I temporarially changed 2222 to HUNT and FND to my DN (9999) incase maybe there was a problem here (that calls were going from 1111 to 2222 but going directly then to 3333 for some silly reason) but even then, they stil hunt to 3333.

I'm pretty new to this stuff, but if somebody could help me out, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

thanks in advance

if you can get to the terminal mode and log on, i can help you. i don't use otm.. if you can post the station, look at the lhk, and the marp of the set, do bohtof these number appear on a digital phone?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

How are you accessing the PBX for your changes? Are you able to login?

Thanks for the replies, but as I said I'm pretty new to this stuff so you'll have to help me out a bit.

We've got an NT workstation consoled into the PBX. It's got meridian administration application which has a GUI. We make all the changes through the GUI. when you say phnechic am I ambe to login, where do you mean login to? the application? yes.

cmawbey, what does TN stand for and how do I print it?

johnpoole, how do I get into terminal mode? also, you say if I can post the station ... what does that mean?!?!? and what's the lhk? What do you mean when you say do both of these numbers appear on a digital phone? If you're asking are bot the phones digital, then the answers yes, they are.

so as you can see, I'm really not very proficient in all this. but i would appreciate your help.

thanks again

to prin the TNB of an extension

Ld 20
req=PRT
type=dnb (directory number block)
cust x (usally zero)
dn 1111

this will print the TNB ( terminal number block)
then to print the TNB
ld 20
req=prt
type =2616 or 500 ( 2616 for digital sets 500 for analog)
cust x
tn x x x x ( enter the TN here )
copy and paste it to the forum for us to look at

Colin

that's part of what I don't understand. I presume I have to telnet into the PBX to do this? But how do I go about doing that? As I said, the console PC is an ordinary NT workstation PC with an ordinary GUI app installed.

Where are you ?

try and find TTY 0 on your switch, your ex support company maybe used that to remote into your switch via a modem.

Colin

You have to actually go to the 61c and you should have a terminal set up there, thats where you get the command line accss everyone is talking about. Most techs here do not use GUI interfaces so the best way to get help is to forget that and go actually login to your terminal. You can dial in also from a remote location but for the help you are getting here you need to login and forget the GUI for a few minutes.

If you are using MAT or OTM for your admin terminal look for a small green icon that looks similiar to a computer screen. A lot of the OTM/MAT terminals have this and it should give you direct access to the switch with a VT220 emulation. Once you can get this open (and it is slow) LOGI and enter the switch level one password. Then the items that John and the others have mentioned should be accessable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back