Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

huntgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutsoftkiwi

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2003
GB
I have created a vector which points to a huntgroup. Inside this hunt group is a list of stations that I would like the call to be directed to. At the moment it works, but it only directs the call to the most idle agent. I realise that this can be changed but what I wont to accomplish is for call to come in and if the first station is unavaiable then I want it to forward to the next station in the hunt group list after a certain amount of rings , and so and so on. Is this possible

You need to set the hunt group up as a UCD (uniform call distribution). This will send the call to the most idle agent. You probably have it set to DDC (Direct Department Calling) which will send the caller to the first available agent according to the agent assignement in the hunt group form.

I realise that this can be done. But what I need is for the call to route through the stations one by one..
Example - first station rings 3 times, no answer so it routes to the next station, rings 3 time, no answer there either, so routes to the next station.etc

Then you don't necessarily need a hunt-group (unless for reporting purposes). What you can do is create a coverage-pa, set the criteria of how you want the calls to ring for inernal and external calls, and add each extension on the point area. Depending of which version your switch is, you can also set the number of rings for each coverage point. You will then put this coverage path on your hunt-group form.

But what if the group is more than the coverage points avai. Say 10 stations

Then you chain them. Let's say you "add coverage pa next", and 50 appears. The first line is "Next Path Number", which you will then enter "51". Once you finish programming cov.pa 50 and save it, you will then enter "add cov pa 51. You can chain multiple coverage paths this way. The system knows to "link" the two (or how many you end up with) by the "linkage".

Linking coverage paths only works when the coverage criteria is set differently between the coverage paths. Once a coverage path is selected via the coverage criteria the call remains in that coverage path. Meaning if you set up Coverage Path 50 and Coverage Path 51 with the same coverage criteria the call will always be covered by 50 even if the coverage paths are linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back