Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

huntgroup with queue when no one available

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazlit

MIS
May 4, 2004
AU
i have a huntgroup with queueing enabled, if there are no enabled members or all members are on no calls, the call just stays in the queue, is there a way to send the call to voicemail?
there are also queued and still queued messages enabled, if after 3 still queued messages can it go to VM?

Could be wrong but I think there is no timeout for the call queue as there is with say the normal hunt groups, have you considered using a non queued huntgroup and setting the "No Answer Time" to a suitable value and repeating the extensions in the huntgroup, for example.

Extension List as Rotary or Hunt

Set the "No Answer Time" time to say 5 seconds and an incoming call would be queued for 30 seconds before going to voicemail. You could also use the overflow to futher extend the time and infact create a group with your extension list in it and keep adding that group to the overflow section to make things easier.

Fill in the overflow time, this should be the time the call stays in the Queue before being passed to the overflow group or VM.

the overflow time doesnt appear to work with Queing as the still queued and queued messages reset the timer or something.

Any other ideas apart from nightswitching which the client doesnt really want to do

Overflow should have done it... what release are you running?

Are you using VM Lite or PRO ? What's the full version you're running 2.1.x ? Also if you're using VM Pro what did you program for the queueing ?

If you're not using 2.1.31 I would suggest upgrading to this release.

i have setup a huntgroup in manager with 4 members, it has queueing with limit of 4 calls and a ring time of 10 secs, the huntgroup has a no answer time of 4 seconds.

in VM Pro i have setup queued and still queued for the huntgroup with
queued:
start---> Message/position ----> tfr to $ACD

Still Queued"
Start---> Message/position ----> menu ----> 1 to leave message/ timeout ---tfr to $ACD

Versions from help about
VM Pro 2.1 (5)
Manager 2.1 (5)

Don't transfer back to a group, the call will be handled as a new call in the queue. You don't need to transfer baxk to the group, just play the message with the position and delete the transfer.

tried that and watched the call in call status, when the call position message is played the length counter for the call resets to zero still.

queued now is:
start--->queue position(with a entry prompt message)

Still Queued now is:
Start---> Message/position ----> menu ----> 1 to leave message/ timeout - nothing defined

Do you have a generic queue defined ? Are you sure you're adjusting the correct queue flow ?

Never seen this before, I would suggest upgrading to the latest version.

i have a huntgroup called "test"
i have a group in VM PRo called "test"

these are the ones i have been working with, i thought the versions i have of VM Pro and Manager are the latest of 2.1, the 406 is running 2.1(24). i will load the 2.1(34) firmware and keep you posted

It is normal for the timer in call status to reset to zero after a queued or still queued message plays - but that shouldn't stop the call from overflowing to voicemail. What have you set your overflow time to? Have you actually waited it out or assumed it wasn't going to work when you saw the time go to zero in call status?

Also, is voicemail ticked (turned on) in the huntgroup form?

yes i have waited over 2 minutes with the overflow set at 60 secondsm Voicemail is ticked in the voicemail tab for the huntgroup

Thanks for all the input

there is a problem with the overflow timer in 2.1(27). I don't know if they have fixed it in 2.1(31)

Arnoud

well looks like they havent
upgraded to 2.1.37 binaries and manager
and 2.1.18 VM Pro

still same problem, not game to go to 3 yet

This seems very strange to me. If you like, email your config to:

peter at morrack dot com

and I will look it over for you. What IPO platform are you running on? SOE? 403? 406?

Peter Sherwood

Morrack Consulting

Once a call is queued it can only be overflowed to another group (added to the initial group as a member).

It will not overflow to the leave start point in vmpro for that group if the call is being queued (group is busy, not just ringing).

This is the problem with the IP Office queuing setup and has been that way for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back