Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

huntgroup overflow not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpixben

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2006
US
My huntgroups are not overflowing correctly. We are running an IP403 with IP Office and VM Pro. They worked perfectly fine until after this past weekend when we upgraded from 2.1(35) to 3.0 and then to 3.1(48)and also upgraded VM Pro to 3.0(19).

Our call flow should go as follows: The AA answers all calls. Callers choose 1 for sales or 2 for customer service. When they choose either option, the appropriate huntgroup is dialed and if no agent is immediately available, they are queued for 40 seconds and then they should overflow to the first huntgroup in the overflow group.

Using CallStatus, we are seeing calls go into queueing just fine, but when the call length reaches 22 secs, the call length time is reset to 0 and begins counting up to 22 again, then resets to 0 again, etc, etc. The call never gets overflowed and just sits in the queue until an agent becomes available. This goes on and on way past the allocated 40 second overflow time.

Please help. Any suggestions?

Here is some info on the huntgroups:
-Allocated Answer Interval = 15
-Overflow time= 40
-Hunt type = most idle
-There are extensions in the extension list and there are two huntgroups in the overflow list.
-Voicemail = On
-Fallback = In Service
-Queueing limit = 6
-Queueing ring = 2

Thanks!
Ben F

I don't have a service agreement with Avaya so how would I go about opening a case? I don't really want to spend the amount they charge for tech support, nor do I wish to purchase a support agreement (my company has already made the decision that IP Office is not cutting and we will be going with something else, but it could end up being a couple months, so until then, I have to deal with it).

So where did you get the patch? How can I get ahold of it? I spoke to an Avaya tech support rep for a while and though he couldn't really get too much into it without charging me, he did mention that they were working on an update already to fix some of the issues that were going on and that it should be out by the end of this month...

Ben F

I Stand corrected.

After reading all this I decided to set it up.
I used the same :
-Allocated Answer Interval = 15
-Overflow time= 40
-Hunt type = most idle
-There are extensions in the extension list and there are two huntgroups in the overflow list.
-Voicemail = On
-Fallback = In Service
-Queueing limit = 6
-Queueing ring = 2

Then I set up a queued call flow for the group in VM Pro.
It looks like this This will call the group then que then overflow.

Try it at 410-526-8078 (option 1) just a test

Magix

Hmmmm. My VM Pro call flow is a different than how you set yours up. Mine was set up by the previous admin. And since it has always worked just fine, I never touched it. But now that I'm lookin' at it it looks really odd. I'm going to have a look at it now and see what I can do.

Thanks!

Ben F

The problem is in the huntgroup if you set a overflow then it will not follow, it will stay at the first group.
In call status you see that the call will go to 0s and start over again.

Just try difrent sistuations and you see that the overflow will not work most of the time.

New software is coming out this month lets see if that problem is solved.

Greets Peter

Next release will be GA end of month. It has a fix for this issue. Without Avaya support, keep an eye on the website.

do i understand it right ?
they bring out an release and do not support it ???

tlpeter, I do not think thats what is meant by the previous statement. I think the point was that Avaya does make notifications and some have access to that while others do not. You can check support.avaya.com every 3 months or so to see the latests. But I also think you can monitor this forum and normally someone here mentions that a new release is out.

oke that clear
i must have understoodyou wrong (luckely)

Has anybody come up with a fix for this. I am using 3.1.56 and queuing overflow seems to still have the problem.
I did get a work around (not from avaya) that had me put a ACD_QUEUE_DELAY= in the nouser sourcecode. But alas, it did not go to voicemail even when I reduced overflow time down to 19 seconds.

We ended up having to remove all the hunt groups and enter them all back in using different numbers for them because if we added them back in with the same number, the same issue would occur. Sucks, but I suggest you remove all your hunt groups and add them back in under different numbers. You'll also have to adjust your VM Pro to point to the correct numbers. And wherever else you need to. Anyway, doing that solved this issue for us.

Cpixben, what type of ring pattern are you using for the groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back