Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

huntgroup overflow not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpixben

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2006
US
My huntgroups are not overflowing correctly. We are running an IP403 with IP Office and VM Pro. They worked perfectly fine until after this past weekend when we upgraded from 2.1(35) to 3.0 and then to 3.1(48)and also upgraded VM Pro to 3.0(19).

Our call flow should go as follows: The AA answers all calls. Callers choose 1 for sales or 2 for customer service. When they choose either option, the appropriate huntgroup is dialed and if no agent is immediately available, they are queued for 40 seconds and then they should overflow to the first huntgroup in the overflow group.

Using CallStatus, we are seeing calls go into queueing just fine, but when the call length reaches 22 secs, the call length time is reset to 0 and begins counting up to 22 again, then resets to 0 again, etc, etc. The call never gets overflowed and just sits in the queue until an agent becomes available. This goes on and on way past the allocated 40 second overflow time.

Please help. Any suggestions?

Here is some info on the huntgroups:
-Allocated Answer Interval = 15
-Overflow time= 40
-Hunt type = most idle
-There are extensions in the extension list and there are two huntgroups in the overflow list.
-Voicemail = On
-Fallback = In Service
-Queueing limit = 6
-Queueing ring = 2

Thanks!
Ben F

i have have seen this too
when i called a phone i saw in callstatus the timer going back to 0
this happens a view times and then it gets disconnectet
also i'v got that calls are picked up but are going in to a hold and the other site hears nothing

3.1.48 is not the best version i believe

It was recommended to me by our local avaya dealer that we should upgrade to the latest version and he assured me that 3.0 was not a very good release but to move past it to 3.1. I would have never even upgraded from 2.1 had we not been having issues with our system randomly rebooting itself. This IP Office system is looking more and more like a pile of junk as I get more into it...

Ben F

If you are getting more into it then you must now what a nice features it has.
And if you are good at it then you now how to programe a stable IP-Office.
Al systems has Bugs and problems its how you deal with it.
60% of the problems has to do with bad programming or not nowing of the bugs in diffrent versions.

It looks like a easy to sell product and it is, but you must really spend time to learn the product and test all version real good before using it.

Greets Peter

Nice features huh? I could set up a similar setup in Asterisk (ever heard of it?) in a day or two...

So, are you implying that it could be bad programming on my part? How hard is it to add in hunt groups and add hunt group overflows? I really hope you are not suggesting that I don't know how to program it, and if you are, then perhaps you can tell me how to set up a "stable" example of huntgroups and their overflows...THAT WAY MY ISSUE COULD BE RESOLVED.

Thanks so much for your contribution big70...

Anyone else got any REAL info that I could actually benefit from?

Hihi not implying nothing only telling what im noticing in the field.
But i will lay of the Beer and test it right away and see if i have the same problem on 3.1(48).

Will let you now in a couple of minutes

Greets Peter

In the current trial release a bug regaring this has been fixed:

CQ25483 Fixed
The Overflow mechanism does work correctly when the Hunt Group is in
Rotary or Hunt mode.

Hope this helps

I did a test on 3.1(48).
Made a Huntgroup 100 with quing on and 1 user 101.
Set the group as most idle and overflow to 200 and overflow time 40s
Also created a second Huntgroup 200 and 1 user 201.

Made the user in Huntgroup 100 busy, made a second call and goes in que.
After 40 seconds it,s following the overflow??
Made sevral calls.

Am i missing something.

Greets Peter

Hmmmm. What could be different on mine? Is there anything in VM Pro that would affect this? Did you have voicemail turned on? Any other factors that could be affecting my set up?

Ben F

Did I read correctly - u r 3.1 on the switch and 3.0 on the VM Pro? If so make sure you get the VM Pro up to 3.1 - cleared a lot of issues for me. I was dropping VM passwords everytime the user would enter it. If I read then I'll just sit back and be quiet.

Ian Engel
Agua Fria Communications

You did read that correctly. For some reason I was thinking 3.0 was the latest version of VM Pro. I thought it was weird, but didn't really think twice about it. I'll get that installed and try it out. Thanks!

Ben F

This is a live issue. I have a case in T4 for about a week now. They have a couple noted already. We upgraded from 3.0.44 to 3.1.48. 406v2 - 5410 phones. Call to AA - to group with queue, at 90 sec set to overflow. Worked perfect in 3.0, 3.1 does not go to overflow group. No programming changes. T4 thinks it may relate to a call into the group put on hold. I suggest get a case open with Avaya. Duplicate the issue with screen shots of the "call status" during the call as well as the monitor traces.

My understanding is you can use either queueing or voice mail, but not both, for hunt groups.

What i always do if i go to 3.1(48) after the upgrade i rewrite the config.
I always export and import the users etc, so i now i have a clean config.
I don,t do it if im upgrading in the same version only from 2.1 to 3.0 or to 3.1.

Greets Peter

You want the voice mail for when your queue limit is reached - otherwise your callers will hit a busy signal.

Ian Engel
Agua Fria Communications

I understand you want to be able to let callers leave a message rather than wait in queue - but the message should be directed to mailbox of some user other than the hunt group. For example, Hunt Group 200 can have queueing turned on (but not voice mail), and then a dial 1 option to leave the queue during the "still queued" message announcement, but the dial 1 option is pointed to mailbox 300 (as an example). I know from experience that turning both queueing on and voice mail on for the same hunt group will cause a problem.

We had a similar issue when forwarding off site - with 3.1.48 you need to change the allocated answer interval to somthing that allows your ques to complete - You cant have a 40 second que and an answer time of 15 seconds or the timer starts over I would shrink the que ten seconds to 30 and up the allocated answer to 40.

Magix (Didn't test this but it should work)

I thank you for all the suggestions and information. I'll be trying some of your suggestions to see if that gets us working correctly.

One thing that I just don't get still is that it all was functioning quite well and doing what we needed until we upgraded...

Ben F

Ben
As stated before, this is a live issue in T4. As of this morning, a patch has been released for this issue. I will try to get it in tonight. If you have not escalated to Avaya, you may wish to.

I did some more testing and have found same problem in 3.1
(48).
So i confirm the problem is there in 3.1(48)
Wait and see if its resolved in next release.

Greets Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back