Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

huntgroup number in display on analog Gigaset

Status
Not open for further replies.

psmit

Vendor
Apr 22, 2005
NL
On IP500, (vs 4.24) with embedded voicemail, customer wants to answer their native and English callers in their own language.

The person who has to answer uses a Siemens Gigaset E49(0).
My solution was to use the AA to select the language and than display the name or number of the huntgroup chosen in the AA.

The result was that I saw only the CLI.

Does someone has another creative solution to show in wich language the phone must be answered?

Would be easier if they used a half decent handset as oppose to an analogue device :)

You could always rig a flasher/loud ringer to a spare analogue port and have that flash/ring when the person is English :)

A ringer or flasher is in a fixed location, the purpose of a Gigaset Telephone is that you can carry it around.
I do need some kind of notification on the display which shows the origin of the call and tells the user i what language to answer the call.

The GigaSet devices I always have do work best with the UK20 CLI setting, it presents name and number and the phone picks the date/time from the IP Office after a answered call.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

@amriddle01, i don't know if you ever have had a GigaSet DECT or fixed analog phone but they are the best you can get. A lot better as the Avaya DECT phones. They always present name and number and voice quality is excellent.

I must say that i am impressed by the IPDect R4.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

You don't need much do ya?[dazed]

They work fine and show what is needed.
I have worked with the Avaya, Mitel and Ascom phones and they do what they need to do.
But we also sell the Gigaset dect phones and they work well too.

All i need is love :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I agree about the Gigaset, those handsets are great quality. But i do not have a solution yet, I need the name of the Huntgroup in the display.
In a standard Avaya 54xx or 56xx I can see the huntgroup which transferred the call to that extension.

I don't think the groupname will show up as a group cannot transfer a call, it is always a username showing.

If you have voicemail pro - use call whisper to announce to who ever answers that the call is answered in English. So its using call whisper in reverse (sort of)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

HSM if you have VM pro you can use tags

A second handset to ring gets answered in English and the first one to ring gets answered in whatever.
I don't see any option with the embedded other than a work around with another handset, even if you just work with bridged appearances or internal twinning to get it so that you can answer both calls from one handset but have another one ring if it is not one or the other language.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Put a number 0044??????????? in the directory and name it "Johnny English" or what ever you like.
If a call comes in matching the first digits the name will show in the display unless a more exact match occurs.
Most UK numbers are 10 digits but there are exceptions where the number can be 9 or 8 digits ( according to Wikipedia, maybe the UK members can shed a light here ).

11 digits long (including mobiles) is standard for UK, don't know/haven't seen of any shorter than that personally....I don't think :)

OK here is what I found in an old document that I made up in 2008 as I had something in my "bad" memory that I had an issue with group names before so I looked through all of my self made docs.

assuming your group is 234 and you do not have a 300 number in your system

make a shortcode
dial extn
234s"GroupDisplay"
line ID doesn't matter

then send the calls to 300 instead of group 234 directly and it should display the group name. Not sure if that is for analog extensions though you will need to try that out.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back