Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt then go to specific voicemail box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamsterfish

Technical User
Mar 11, 2005
US
Hi everyone,
I have Unity 5.0 and CCM 6.1.4
I would like to create a hunt group, and then if no one answers or if all phones are busy ring to a specific voicemail.

I created a line group and a hunt list. and the phones hunt fine. But I cannot for the life of me get it to ring to a specific voicemail afterward.

Anyone have any advice?

Did you put the voice mail pilot number as the last number in the Hunt Group? Then build a mailbox with the pilot number of the Hunt Group on it. Should work.

We use the least idled algorithm.
So there is no last number in the hunt group :(

On the hunt pilot config for the group number enter a forward destination for No Answer and Busy as the dn of the voicemail box you want calls to go to.

Make sure this voicemail dn has something associated with it even if it isn't used i.e. a phone or user device profile.
(I use a UDP's called xxxx_voicemail)

On call manager create a voicemail profile with the dn of the voicemail box you want the calls to go to.

Then on the dn page of all exts in the group and dn page for the voicemail number select the voicemail profile you just created.

Now, you have two options.
You can forward all exts in the group to the group number itself if the are busy, not answered (or logged on) thus giving the caller the oportunity to have a call answered by someone else before going on to the voicemail box as neeeded,
or you can forward the exts straight to voicemail.

Either way all exts and group calls should end up on the same voicemail box.

A really easy way to make it work is to add the hunt Pilot number as a secondary extension on the mailbox that you are trying to send to in Unity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back