Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Groups on MICS 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2006
US
I have a system at a small tech school that they want lines 001-032 to ring twice on DN210 (recept) then to ring on 210 and 234 4 times, then roll to AA.

facts:
all lines A&R on 210 and 211,

HG01 (DN696) has members: 210 and 234, A&R, broadcast, overflow 400(VM DN),

FNA on 210 set to 696, 2 rings

210 is set to "if busy: do nothing"

what happens is that the call come in, appears and rings on 210 and 211, after 2 rings HG01 rings on 234 but stops ringing on 210. The line appearance on 210 still shows the call but the HG01 appearance and ring does not. It does go to AA after 6 total rings.

is there a way to keep the line ringing on 210 after the 2nd ring and FNA to the hunt group?

"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room."
-Winston Churchill

sets in hunt groups can not have line appearances

if they do you have the problem your having ,,,they don't ring

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

that's what I thought but I removed appearance from 210 and the calls rang twice on icm and then quit ringing after the call went to the HG. I only removed L001 and L002 appearance to test, do I have to remove all of them before it works? for instance: if L001 is ring only and L004 is set to A&R and a call comes in on L001, will it still not ring?

-Winston Churchill

You sent the call away into the hunt group so it will no longer ring on 210 because the fna is set to 2.

So is there a way to have the line ring first on 210, and then ring on 210 and 234?

-Winston Churchill

you could try

have lines ring at 210 (remove the forward)

remove all line appearances from the hunt group ext's

set the drt (delayed ring transfer) to 2 rings and go to the hunt group (i think it will let you do that)

or------------------

have line appear on all 3 sets but only ring on 210
fwd no answer to 211 after 2 rings

add answer dn of 211 to 210 and 234

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back