Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdlippard

Programmer
Jun 3, 2009
US
I have built a Hunt group on ASA 6.0. Having some issues, please assist.

Group Number:100
Group Name: Call In-Line
Group Extension: 1523
Group Type: Circ
TN: 1
COR:1
Coverage Path: 16
MM Early Answer: N
Local Agent Preference: N

Page 3
1: 5717
2: 5756
3: 5116
Coverage Path: 16
Point 1; 5717

Caller call xxx-xxx-5717 rings all three lines, if no answer cover back to 5717 voicemail box.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

wait a minute what do you mean ring all three lines this hunt group will ring 5717 as this is the 1st member in this hunt group

sorry to post again but a hunt group may not be what you really want if you want all 3 stations to ring at the same time, do this create a virtual station with a coverage path that point 1 points to a coverage answer group x amount of rings then on point two ring a vdn that will go to a vector for the message skill 99 for x5717. you will have to create the coverage answer group, the vdn and vector.

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the Info, more questions.

We will be using a IVR with the extension numbers. Will a virtual station, coverage answer group, VDN and Vectoring work with the IVR? If one line is answered, will the other two continue to accept calls?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If calls go to 5717 why do you have a hunt group built?

mjp1951

This is what I'm trying to accomplish.

Working with a IVR.

I have one main extension and two additional ext. Trying to have all three ring at once, if one line is answered the other two lines continue to ring. If no answer on all three extensions, call routes back to main extensions voicemail.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)))

I would suggest you use coverage answer group. Make the main extension of the group 5717 (you will have to change the ext. # on the phone itself). Put a coverage path on the coverage answer group that goes to voicemail...it will carry the 5717 identity and be answered in the mailbox. Make sure phones have bridged call appearance alerting yes so that they will ring audibly. All phone would then ring on the 5717 number and if not answered after the number of rings in the coverage path it will go to the voicemail box 5717. Hope this helps. :)

Thank You Very Much mjp1951, Another question, so the other two extension do not have telephones attached to them. So, when I don't add a coverage path to them, they are busy and then when I do add the coverage path that I created in the CAG, it goes to the automated welcome to Avaya voicemail, if you have a mailbox on the system and you know the rest.

In the call answer group, will the other phones stop ringing when 1 is answered? We need them all to continue to ring, if one line is picked-up.

When the one member pickup or answer the call. The other ext will stop ringing, unless there's another call again to the answer group ext.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back