Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt group voice mail light does not work on the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2005
US
I created a hunt group 25 with x4900 and a coverage answer group 100 that contains 3 group members. The coverage path for hunt group 25 is to ring all 3 members in group 100 for 5 rings and then to voicemail. I setup one of the button on each member's phone to light when there is a new voice message on x4900, "aut-msg-wt Ext: 4900".

The problem is message light never comes on so the end user has to check the voice mail every so oftern.

Is it possible for this configuration to work ? If not, any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vincent

I have definitely done this before, your programming looks like it should work. The only thing that you might try, is on page two or three of the hunt group, there is a lwc reception field. If it is set to none, try setting it to audix. I had a problem with agent login's message waitings and that solved my problem.

Hope this helps.

Cathy

You may need to re-create the mailbox if the Audix name / LWC field is correct.

There is a wierd little bug I have run into before that won't light the light if there have been messages in the box before the aut-msg- wt was programmed on a phone.

on page 3 of the hunt group form you need to put your audix name in the 'AUDIX name' field.

thanks, tim

It works like a champ after I changed AUDIX/LWC field from none to audix.

Thanks a lot, everyone.

Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back